Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane Security Code Settings

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Megane Security Code Settings

Hi Guys

I wonder if someone can advise. I have a Renault Megane and it has just returned from a service. The garage have obviously disconnected the battery and my radio security code neede reset.

I followed the instructions in the handbook and kept getting error. I phoned the garage who performed the service and they asked if my Radio Cassette player had, had a cd system added to it. I said yes this was correct. I was then told that the code had therefore been changed when this had been added.

My garage told me that recoding would be required, would cost around 10 and they would organise this for me. I do not have a problem with the 10 however to save time I was wondering if anyone knew of an over ride number which would make the recoding not necessary?

Currently in bosemy's garage:
2007 Renault Megane - Diesel Model
  5 Lastest Threads by bosemy
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Megane Electric Window Electronics dunny555 5 2084 23rd October 2009 11:37 AM
Renault Megane Security Code Settings Electronics Rentech 5 11989 2nd September 2009 08:20 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome