Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Pre-Purchase Advice Needed

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 2nd September 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Originally Posted by monk View Post
You will never get the book mpg unless you live on a oval road and don't need to stop or brake lol

A resent test fount that the average driver should be able to return between 5 -10 % less than the book mpg, but its all down to the style you drive

Also you are referring to the new shape Zafira regrettably my budget wont push that far

What was yours a Auto?
I consistently beat the 39MPG quoted average on my 2.2D Laguna, even with a fair bit of 'short tun' driving, and on long motorway journeys I can manage 50+ at 75-ish as against the quoted 45 at 62MPH

But I think the testing methodology has changed for modern cars? They never seem to reach the quoted figured at all.

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome