Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 Ph 1 - Headlamp Protectors

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Laguna 2 Ph 1 - Headlamp Protectors / Beam Benders

Well I seem to be having this conversation with myself, but I'll carry on in case it can help anyone else.

I spoke last night with my Father-in-Law who we are visiting in France. My thought was maybe he would have more luck with getting some headlight protectors, what with it being a Frech car etc. However, he told me that headlight protectors are ILLEGAL in France. He took a car over there from the UK that had them on and he had his registration rejected until he removed them! On further looking into the law it is illegal to use them in France as they are deemed to distort the beam too much!

His suggestion is that as we are not planning to drive at night, just to take some stick on benders and if stopped by the Gendarme put them on and just not put the headlights on!

My local Renault dealer still tell me to put on the stick on jobs and it'll be fine, but a larger dealer further away told me he has already had a pair of Laguna Xenons changed this year because of a customer using stick on benders!!

This is a nightmare and I can't believe Renault do not have a solution!!!
Currently in brassic_lint's garage:
2003 Laguna II 2.2dci Priv, 1999 Golf MkIV GTI - slightly modified...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome