Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi Everyone, my first thread/problem

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by wrichardson1999 View Post
Hi guys,

Looks like a great forum so I've joined to find out more about my leguna (1999 V-Reg).

I've a currnet problem that the garage have yet to resolve (he's now on holilday for a week so thought I could find out myself)... anyways

I drove the car the other day on a day out, drove fine, parked up and then upon leaving stared the car, the car stared really really lumpy, as though it was misfiring, anyways, I managed to limp home,

I've since replaced the spark plugs (originals were fine), this didn't resolve the problem, also I've getting a good clear spark from each plug?

I then took the car to a a garge who checked the idle sensor, replaced each coil and the ignition cable (as exteme cost might I add!), all of this still didn't resolve it, he has gone on holiday, his next options were to plug in the ECU and check for any errors but he's now talking about replacing the whole engine?!

Any help guys?

Can you reset ECU on these?

Has this happened before AND if so has anyone resolved it? I can't find any similar threads?

Thanks again,

Wayne, Redcar, England

Silly question but the "replaced coils ",were they brand new ones?

The reason I ask is that they are the older Black top ones and they don't look particularly new from the photo.

Later ones were grey then brown and one's from my local motor factor are now green topped.
Renault now supply a slightly different looking coil .

Currently in freddybabe's garage:
Hymer Motorhome and MgF.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome