Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault clio 1.2.....n starter motor fitted n still NOTHING !!!!!!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault clio 1.2.....n starter motor fitted n still NOTHING !!!!!!!

hope someone can help.....

bought a n reg clio 1.2 off my friend yesterday.....she had it for 2.5 years and never ever had a problem starting it.

i had it for an hour, drove to tesco perfectly fine....when i tried to start it again......NOTHING....

got bump started home, left it over night and it started fine this morning.....and then 15 mins later....NOTHING.

bought a new starter motor for 70 as couldnt get a secong hand one and the mechanic fitted it.....the first time it started up no problem and then every time after that.....NOTHING!

it just makes a clicking noise and doesnt turn over.....lights, wipers, radio work and the immobiliser i presume light flashes, put immobiliser key in, red light goes off, start key and it fires up.....but only happened the once and now nothing...

mechanic coming back tomorrow to have another look but at the minute hasnt a clue wats wrong.

can anyone help? its the first car ive owned on my own (since divorced) and i dont have the money to be buying anything other parts so am praying its something simple.

how can it be a perfect runner for my friend and just not work for me??????
  5 Lastest Threads by bernie1979
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault clio 1.2.....n starter motor... Electronics bernie1979 8 2072 3rd September 2009 04:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome