Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Airbag resistance? Seatbelt question?

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2009
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
We all have to start sometime working up our no claims bonus painful though it may be. And lets be honest the days of cheap motoring are long gone.

As my granny used to say - any idiot can afford to buy a Rolls-Royce but not all can afford to run one.

I appreciate insurers are hard on new drivers but the statistics show they are the high risk with the costliest claims group and also the group most likely to mod their cars - some even to the point of affecting the vehicles safety, their own wellbeing and that of other poor sods who may be unlucky enough to get in their way.

What angers me most though is that those who have no insurance or break the terms of the policy. It's us law abiding drivers who have to pick up the bill by each of us having to pay around 30 each per year on our premiums to cover such blatant situations.

What many people fail to realise is that the NHS and other government agencies have the right to claim the cost of treatment against a driver's insurance who is liable for injuries or damage. Although this is rarely done in reality we the tax payer are in reality subsidising to insured losses.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome