Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #67 of (permalink) Old 5th September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
54 Scenic - flickering/dead display

Hi, my display was flickering for a couple of days before dying last Friday. I reckon the fuse has blown because my radio stalk is not functioning now.

I emailed Renault from their website on the Friday and phoned them on Tuesday (0800 072 3372) after the Bank Holiday. I was infomed that my email had been assigned and I would be called. After a few hours I called again and was given the same reply.

I then received a call from Nicki Bennett, the customer manager. She played it coy, asking what I expected her to do. I had explained in my email that I was aware this was a common problem and caused by faulty manufacturing, so I asked if Renault could repair or replace the instrument panel for free. She said that this problem for 54 to 55 plate Scenics was now so common that they would replace the panel free, but she first wanted it checked by a Renault garage to make sure that it was the panel at fault. She supplied a case reference to allow the garage to claim off Renault. They will only replace a panel and leave the mileage at zero, but they will send a letter stating this and what you reckon the mileage was before the failure.

Fingers crossed for next Tuesday!
Currently in bigfeet's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic 1.5dci Dynamique
The Following User Says Thank You to bigfeet For This Useful Post:
Scenic sim (10th January 2014)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome