Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #369 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I set off on a 75 mile journey last night and the car sounded fine when I set off (apart from that strange, very faint air-like noise I can hear on acceleration, but nobody else can hear it!), but when I arrived home, my other half came out and said "your exhaust has gone!", so I left the engine running, got out of the car and could hear a metallic clattering sound coming from the rear of the car, which was a bit louder near the back-end of the exhaust i.e. the two pipe holes, to use layman's terms.

Maybe the very faint noise was exhaust related but maybe not. Either way, sounds like I'll be shelling out on a complete or partial new exhaust, but hopefully nothing more serious.

I know from Andy SaabGuy's experiences that a new exhaust costs about 700 from Renault or 350ish (or was it more for your 2 outlet pipes?) from the place in Walsall. Whereabouts did you travel to Walsall from Andy, it was London right? I'm in Manchester, so it's about the same distance I'll be travelling that you did, so I guess I'm not mad if it saves me money.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome