Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace digital dashboard faults

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace digital dashboard faults

Hi All

I'm hoping someone on this forum can give me some advice before I take my chances with the local dealer.

I have a 98 Espace and the digital dashboard is driving me nuts. First the speedo kept insisting I was doing 0mph from time to time. Now it insists almost full time I'm not moving. The petrol gauge only ever changes when I put some fuel in, and because the mileometer only clicks into gear with the speedo (and thus never changes), I can never tell how much fuel I've got in the car at any given time. Oh, and every so often a zigzag line "pings" on on the display telling me I have to get a service - but mechanically the car seems to be A1.

I've had this car 6 months, and it's already had a stuck tailgate, two petrol leaks and a faulty diode that told me (by incessantly beeping) that the battery was dead when it wasn't. The throttle cable snapped and now it seems the entire ditigal dash (which I've gorwn to loathe) is playing up.

As the least reliable car I've ever owned (and I used to drive a 67 MGB) I've made my mind up to sell it, but want to get these dash faults fixed first.

Are any of the dash problems familiar to any forum members out there?

Thanks for your help in advance

5 Lastest Threads by Catsunstein
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace digital dashboard faults Electronics jmarshall0 11 2682 7th September 2009 11:27 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome