Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio lcd not working

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Radio lcd not working

Hi there, I have read a few posts and tried unsucessfully to find the problem. The lcd for the radio is not lighting up, and the radio does not work, its like theres no power getting to them. I checked the fuse, OK. Sort of took the radio apart, then put it back together lol. Checked posts and it seemed that there are bulbs behind the screen. All I had to do was take the top part of the dashboard off. I done that, pulled out the section to have a look at it, this is another problem. Yes, there is a bulb behind the clock/temperature display part, which works fine, but, not on the radio display part. It is an lcd screen, attached to a small block, with lots of wires plugged into it. They can be unplugged and the box thing can be replaced, but I wonder if they can be fixed, or if theres something else I havent tried yet, that someone could help me with, as buying a replacment part, then if my radio is also broken, then the cost of sorting out new ones will be quite expensive I reckon, with all parts needing to come from a Renault Dealer. It would be cheaper to buy a normal cd radio and install it. The only thing is, I really like this car and would love to have all the things working, theres also the remote on the steering wheel. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, sorry for the long txt. Hopefully you wont be too tired to answer lol. Thnx, Mark.
Currently in metalmark29's garage:
Renault Megane RT 1.9d
  5 Lastest Threads by metalmark29
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Radio lcd not working Electronics Harold_Hare 3 1047 7th September 2009 02:07 PM
Newbie Welcome to RenaultForums dave_mezza2006 1 641 7th September 2009 01:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome