Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - rip off???????

Thread: rip off???????
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 8th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Originally Posted by lagunandy View Post
While on a camping trip i had the misfortune of immobiliser /keycard failure.the recovery driver explained that ts common on lags and scenics.we'll get it back to dealers for you and they can remap the keycard for you no problem.Off it goes with the steering lock on(wed).phone call later that day from dealer to explain the new steering lock £406 fitted plus £87 for analysis/diagnostic check.i spoke to the mechanic to ask if this was needed as it only needed remap.yes sir it is come as did you not remap before trying steering lock.It doesn't work like that sir,if steering lock is goofed it immobilises everything,so we have to replace it first.ok,carry after the dealer rang to say pick up friday.thursday,sorry sir you require a new keycard as yours will not remap(£96).Again i asked ,surely if you tried remap first and was successful this would release the steering lock .Oh no sir it,s not like that and it will be a week to order one up.
¤¤¤¤ed off by now she added, there's a few advisories as well sir.Steam coming out of my ears i politely refused any further work.
NOW chaps ,can anyone advise me of the procedure of remapping and were they correct in doing steering lock first,then trying this is a dear do to cough up for.
My thoughts are that the car arrived with steering lock on,they bust it to get it into the workshop bay and thought we'll tell the customer this was main problem then as an after thought sting me for a new card key.
PLEASE HELP as iv'e not got the car back yet and obviously not paid the bill yet.
Many thanks chaps
extra note
today, Tuesday, i have spoken to Renault UK and they are contacting the Dealer garage to find out the reason why the work was done back to front.
They will conact me asap with an explanation.
i wll post their answer as soon as possible to the forum.
while at work i found an ex renault dealer mechanic who could not believe my trouble but was not surprised as was expected from this dealer.he has told me to contact renault uk and trading standards as the procedure was incorrect and unnecessary.
Currently in lagunandy's garage:
laguna 2,honda hrv,fiat panda(new)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome