Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 04 Hatch Card Reader Problem?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Thanks for the replies. The closest Renault dealer is about 20 miles away.

I have spoken to the garage again this morning. I told him that I feel that it is the cards that are faulty. He said that he found it unlikely that both cards had gone at the same time. The thing is I told them when I brought the car in that the first card stopped working a few months before the other one. So not sure if that made a difference to the way he is looking at the car now.

I also asked him if he had equipment to test the card itself. He said that there is a testing procedure for the card when it is put in the card reader and it is connected to the diagonistic machine. It tells you if it detects the card, if it has the right immobiliser codes etc. He said that mine doesn't detect anything. Which made him think the problem was elsewhere. To me this sounds more like a card problem. Is this the way you can detect if the card works?

He also said that he is getting another Megane in today and is going to try my card in that one when connected to the diagnostic machine to see if it picks it up at all, just to say it has the wrong immobiliser codes I guess or if it does not pick it up at all.

He did say that he might have to order in a new card and it might take 5 to 10 days. I asked how much they are and he said 80. I also asked if he can program them and he said they can as they have access to all the imoberliser codes from Renault!

I also enquired how much it had cost so far and he said not much as he has only been on it for about 2 hours. Considering he has had it since late Friday this seems to be taking a while. But at least it shouldn't be a big bill so far.

Thanks again for the comments.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome