Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thinking of buying a Scenic. Any thoughts please.

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We got an '04 14,000 mile Scenic last weekend as we saw one on the forecourt of the Renault dealer. It's a dynamique dci 120 with Climate, heated seats, 17" sport alloys, keyless entry and sliding cubby box thingy. I have to say that as a Cooper S convertible driving petrolhead, I am impressed by the handling. For a big car it's really good, better than the Modus we chopped in. And we can't complain about the space even if it is the five seat version. I'm 6'4 but the driving position is spot on apart from the gear lever housing that digs into my left leg a bit round corners. I just hope it stays reliable otherwise the wife will get a rollocking as she barred me from buying a Touran. My only issue is fuel economy. I am only getting 38mpg - that's a mix of town and country roads. I realise it's a big, heavy car but I would have thought it would be better than that and I've been very careful, honest! Anyone else disappointed with their economy or am I being unreasonable?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome