Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace III unknown warning light

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11th September 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to Tiggerz_SRi
The sensor on the brake pads activates when the friction material gets so low it breaks a circuit thus putting the light on your dash.

If the brake pads are low, the brakes still work, its a warning to get the pads changed before you run out of friction material on the pads thus leaving you with no brakes, which in a 2 tonne espace, Aint a joke!!!

I would get the wheels off and inspect the brakes as the pads must be low. Also check your brake fluid level. This also gets low when the pads are worn (as the pistons stay out further in the caliper) and can create low brake fluid level.

As its a brake issue, I'd get onto it!

Brake pads are not too expensive, but the front discs on the espace III were not cheap when I had mine done on my espace.

220 fitted for pattern parts for front discs and pads. Depending on how old your espace is, the rears on the earlier espace III's where rear drums and they last a bit longer.

Hope this answers the question!

To sum up, If the brake pad warning is on, The pads are low. It tells ou before they go totally!
Currently in Tiggerz_SRi's garage:
Audi a4 v6 avant, used to have bmw 525d se estate, 2001 Toyota Previa 2.4 VVTi GLS, '98 R FORD Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X a Espace III 2.2dT RXE and a Lag I 1.8RT!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome