Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #176 of (permalink) Old 19th June 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Further update

Well I'm back safe and well, and fully onto my quest for an update from Renault and VOSA.

Tomorrow (Tuesday 20th), I will try to see what VOSA have got to say (personally, I don't
believe I am going to get any joy from VOSA, esp with the most recent correspondence I received from Renault UK (see below!!)).

Since I was getting quite peed with Renault UK, I decided to take a two-prong attack (and after the settlement of the repair costs had been safely finalised!!).

1) I requested a further claim for compensation from Renault UK - having identified that they failed in their duty of care and support in the way they dealt with my case, and also the fact that I was still not happy that we were no closer in identifying root-cause. Also requested what else they were planning to do - didn't really receive a reply to this

2) I also decided to take it to the very top of the Renault Nissan group, and wrote to the President and CEO, Mr Carlos Ghosn esq. Of course, he will never read it, but the fact that I wanted to know what his office was going to say, was a mere quest of satisfaction -- see attachment. Made me chuckle a wee bit! I guess the reply from 1) was consolidated into this same letter!?

I am also going to have to request a copy of the Formal Technical Report completed by Renault UK, as my request Renault UK via VOSA, was rejected C'est la vie, hey? As if they were just going to hand it over to me? Any thoughts on what "legal" act I can quote? I believe freedom of information relates to specific data requests - and I can only do this after x-number of yrs? I don't think data protection comes into play, as it is about my car, not me! Thoughts?

So far, the top of the company globally, the top of the company in the UK, and the support teams all sing the same tune - uncanny hey? In fact the reply came from the same person I dealt with from Renault UK, didn't even get a reply from the CEO office

Personally, I don't think anything I do is going to make a blind bit of difference from Renault / Renault UK - they have blatantly accused me of not "closing the bonnet properly", and in short, stated that I was driving around for about 3-4 weeks with the bonnet on 'safety-only' or just on the main catch without the safety-enabled...either way, truly horrendous to take such a line!

Kate, can you pls private msg me your contact in watchdog, as I want to send them the correspondence I sent to Mr Phelan, the President/CEO and their denial reply!

Any joy / updates from anyone else? Anything from VOSA Vass20?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Renault Clio - Reply to my letter to Mr Carlos Ghosn.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	1060  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Renault Clio - Bonnet Lock Failing Resulting - Summary Letter to CEO (V1b - Forum Updated).pdf (104.3 KB, 33 views)

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome