Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Central Locking (and more!)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Kangoo Central Locking (and more!)

Alrighty There People!

I bought a 98 plate Renault Kangoo diesel van recently.

Okay, I have three issues that could be related...

The only key that I got with it has an infra-red central locking device, which wasn't working. Flat battery, I thought.

Opened it up - no battery. There was also something missing - I didn't know what it was, but it was obvious that all the connections weren't there.

Managed to find a manual for the Kangoo, in which there is a picture of the key - and what it looks like when split open. I was then able to purchase two batteries, and, using the tin foil from a KitKat, able to construct what was missing. Put the key back together, press the plipper, and sure enough, little red light on the key flashes twice. Yes! (I know, I know, I should go on Survivor or something...)

Nipped out to the van, followed the instructions that I'd found, namely:

Ignition off - check.
Hold central locking button for five seconds - doors should lock/unlock - check.
You have a 10 second window, during which time immobiliser light will be on constantly - check.
Press plipper twice during this 10 second window, doors will lock, then unlock - key is now set. Damn. This is the part that didn't work.

So. Any ideas??! It's got me stumped.

SECONDLY: The central locking control in front of the gearknob locks/unlocks front doors and rear doors. But when I use the key in any door to manually open the van, it only opens the door that I am unlocking - the central locking doesn't seem to kick in. Why??!

THIRDLY (I know...) - The lock on the driver's door is kind of busted - kind of meaning, sometimes I can put the key in, turn it, and it unlocks, and sometimes, I put the key in, turn it, and it just turns freely as if it's just a hole. With a big of jiggling, I can get it to catch, and unlock it - but sometimes I need to open it by the passenger door. I know I need to get inside the door to fix this, but not sure exactly what it is that I need to fix!

So, if you can help me with 1, 2, or 3, please help!

Thanks in advance!!

Currently in chandelirious's garage:
Renault Kangoo Van, 98 plate; Vauxhall Corsa, 07 plate
  5 Lastest Threads by chandelirious
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Kangoo Van Won't Start... Engines chandelirious 0 5340 31st January 2011 07:03 AM
Advice Wanted: Servicing my Kangoo Van Engines Hammer-ter 6 7980 9th September 2010 09:56 AM
Creating a mobile workshop in the Kangoo van... Interiors qwakers 6 4296 6th May 2010 12:39 PM
Renault Kangoo Van: Not Starting Engines chandelirious 23 8357 4th December 2009 01:11 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome