Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Second-hand Lag II instrument panel show mileage of original car

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Second-hand Lag II instrument panel show mileage of original car

On the coldest day last winter the instrument panel on my Laguna II Sports Tourer started to play up and randomly died

I found an easy way of getting it up and working again for a few weeks and just repeated the procedure each time it failed

As the days and nights are getting cooler now itís now happening more often.

I refused to pay the exorbitant amount Renault wanted for a new instrument panel so I bough an identical second-hand one of eBay

It all works great now, but shows the mileage of the car it original came out of which is 30,000 more than mine

I phoned my local Renault dealership to ask if they could correct the mileage, but they said it could only be done to brand new ďvirginĒ instrument panels

This is the same dealership that told me the xenon headlamp bulbs had to be changed by them as it required a special extraction tool, so suspect they are talking rubbish

I know there are companies out there that can change the mileage, but I was also wondering if there is a solution using some diagnostics software and a cable?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Currently in DeLorean's garage:
Renault Laguna Sport Tourer 1.8 16V Dynamique - my little money pit!
  5 Lastest Threads by DeLorean
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
No air-con on driverís side Ė car without climate... Heating & cooling DeLorean 2 1435 18th April 2010 06:39 PM
Laguna II fog light surround removal Bodywork micksid 1 2320 16th April 2010 10:38 AM
Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer & snow chains Wheels & tyres DeLorean 8 3824 4th December 2009 09:06 PM
Second-hand Lag II instrument panel show mileage... Electronics DeLorean 4 1543 14th September 2009 03:10 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome