Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna ll 2001 1.6 16v starting problems

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 15th September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

How you getting on with the Lag Daniel? any progress? fraid i cant help with the majority of the electrical issues you seem to be having, but i can totally symphatize wtih the problems starting the car & it cutting out every now and again, mine started doing this also and was completely random, but of course everytime i took it anywhere for some advice it worked fine!! the advice i got was all related to the battery or potential earthing issues... but i tried loads and got nowhere, till i came across a thread on hear re the TDC sensor, and just giving it a quick clean. followed the instructions to locate it, cleaned some rust off it with some sandpaper and the lag is now sweet as a nut, starts every time without pause.. couldnt believe how quick of a fix it was & that all those mechanics ah spoke to didnt seem to going down the right route at all... so, if youre still struggling marra, search for TDC sensor, & clean it up, might not solve all the problems, but might well perform better and make any remaining problems a lot easier to identify and fix!

try here... Laguna 11 TDC Sensor Fix
Currently in MarkNanson's garage:
Laguna II 51reg 1.8 Petrol

Last edited by MarkNanson; 15th September 2009 at 10:36 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome