Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dash stays on

Thread: Dash stays on
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 15th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Dash stays on

I've found plenty of people on this forum who's dashboards won't work but after an hour or so's searching I haven't found anyone who's dash is so keen it won't switch off.

When I get out of the car and lock it, the fuel, Temp, Rev gauges as well as the car diagram stay on. Non of them are registering anything they just stay on. The immobiliser light starts to flash as normal in fact everything appears as normal except it's as if the ignition was still on. ( I don't think it is, as the press clutch to start" isn't showing and the radio goes off) but as a result of this there's nearly a 2 amp draw on the battery and it would be flat if I didn't keep it on charge every night.

It started after I changed a rear window slider ( the window works fine after the repair ) and the heater fan resistor pack ( the fan also works fine now ) is there anything I could have left disconnected under the dash that would cause this? ( ive' reconnected the dash connectors a number of times and they are fine ).

Also anyone know if the little round cover right down by the windscreen in the centre of the dash cover is a sensor of some kind, as there is a thin lead behind it that is unconnected and I wondered if the two things were connected.

Obviously "take it all apart and put it back together carefully" I can work out for myself, but suggestions from anyone with a similar experience of some technical knowledge, before I do another 2 hour dash removal and replacement would be really welcome.
Currently in yorkshire_keith's garage:
Scenic II 2.0 and Dolomite Sprint (more reliable than the Renault)
  5 Lastest Threads by yorkshire_keith
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Dash stays on Electronics yorkshire_keith 7 2782 15th September 2009 01:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome