Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - service light + check injection

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi all a update on my problems, this is going to take a while so get a cuppa lol,scenic went back in yest to fix the faults and today had phone call saying all done, went to get the car and went through the list, wont go through them all just the main probs, car is smoking when driving far more than it should and it has service light (check injection) and it is making a tapping noise when i ask for fuel not loud but it is there, (i thought it may have been exhaust but they said its fine)
went to get car and drove out after telling me that problems were glow plugs, fuel filter was letting in air and glow plug relay was cleaned,i drove out and it was smoking very bad, drove right back in and told them they told me that it may take about 15 miles of hard driving in 4th on motoway to clear it and then be fine,so i went off again only got 500 yards down the road(duel carrrige) and service light (check injection) came on.
went back and the manager came out and said whats wrong now he told me that the light was down to glow plugs,i told him they had just changed them he then said its prob coz they have not cleared the code, so i asked why not he could not answer me, he then got the guy who had been working on it and i asked for him to explain why this was still smoking and why the light was coming on after being fixed,they took it for a spin they said 11 miles, they came back and said they could see a little smoke but it is a diesel and no light on,i went mad and asked for them to get the diagnostics out to check as i know it came on 3 times in 2 miles,they then said the thing they got dont get a code as its a bit old, i laughed and asked well why did you change plugs, no answer and then they said they would pay for me to have a diag in Renault main dealers.
i am well peeved as they told me all sorted and diag showed it was the glows and then later find out that it dont work on this vehicle.
any ideas guys i am a little worried because the manager said ring my mate at 11 tomor in main dealer but he is going to ring him before to tell him that its ok and that they will pay, but i dont trust him because he said it didnt come on in the 11 miles he drove it, but when i drove it home 23 miles it came on about 16 times,i hope it shows whats wrong as this cost me lots of money and need this car to be right.
if its not the glow plugs or relay, not air filter of fuel filter what else is there that would cause this smoke and this noise and lights to come on.
any help please guys as i want to be able to speak to them again tomor.
thanks guys and sorry for the length of this.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome