Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old 16th September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Just thought i'd add my 2 peneth worth. Ive had my scenic II for 2 years having bought it 2nd hand from a main dealer. The display went nipples north about a week ago.

I was refused any help what so ever from Renault Cust Serv as the vehicle is out of waranty and according to them high mileage (59,000 on a 04 plate!). Interestingly they tried to insinuate that external forces may have been at play... It's a sealed unit and the only external force applied to it of any significance was the resetting of the clock 5 times a day when it was approaching it's final demise.

The kind customer service chap also tried the "What we feel we can offer you is the money off a new vehicle, were you looking to buy a new vehicle any time soon...?" line. All I can say is that this particular chap must have trained at the 'Derren Brown School of Negotiation'; The very first thing that entered my mind when the dash went was how quickly I could get to the bank to stump up yet more cash for a new renault.

Spoke to trading standards today who suggested sending a standard letter quoting the Sales of Goods act 1979 and explaining that the vehicle was not fit for purpose - followed by court action if no resolution can be achieved.

We will see...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome