Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace IV Diagnostic Tool?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2009
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by Rentech View Post
god you lot must be minted, you begrudge paying 40/50 quid for someone who has spent thousands on their diagnostic equiptment, but you will buy your own without a clue of what your looking at or looking for, other faults you may want to check is worn tyres on one side, flat battery requiring steering wheel angle sensor to be set, brake light bulbs out, brake light switch adjustment, abs sensor come adrift, ABS ECU bad earth,wheel bearing worn or fitted wrong way round, Multiplex info from engine ecu missing, fault inside engine ecu , traction controll switch fault or off course the most common a 600 quid ABS computer.
or you could ring renault and find out if it's covered by their free recall on some laguna and espace models.
Unfortunately some folks think that reading the code will give them the answer .... TBH its only a starting point and if you dont know what you are doing its almost as useful as a packet of bacon in a Tel Aviv market on a Saturday morning .... most of the cheap ODBII readers are crap in my opinion .... but its not helped by Renault charging exorbitant amounts of money for diags only to be told no fault found .... its a lingering bad taste .....

Find a good indi if the car is out of warranty and let him do what he is good at and tell you the problem and the solution .... I'm not a motor trade person, but I know in my industry someone who comes to tell you what the problem and solution is before you have diagnosed the issue usually gets little help and finds himself at the tail end of the queue.

Just a comment

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome