Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #177 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Hi Brigatti; welcome back, mate. I trust your sojourn in the near tropics was enjoyable.

I received an email from Stuart Jenkins of VOSA and this is what it said:

Good Morning Mr ********,

Further to your email.

I would confirm that, Vehicle Safety Branch are carrying out an investigation in conjunction with Renault into the allegations surrounding Renault Clio bonnet locks.

However, we are not at liberty to discuss the finer detail, or provide copies of reports until such time as the investigation has been concluded, and only then with Renault's permission.

You mention that you have details of other incidents. We would of course beinterested to be made aware of these, please supply details on the form appended to this document.

S L Jenkins
Senior Engineer (Defect Investigation)

(See attached file: VSDR100-DI (GP) VOSA VERSION.doc)

to which I replied:

Hello Mr Jenkins and thank you for your Email.

I am glad to hear that you are investigating this problem.

The cases that I have become aware of are discussed in the Independent Renault Forums and this link will take you to it; there are a few pages but it makes interesting reading; The link is .

I have also come across a similar complaint in a French forum at . This one too experienced failure while on the autoroute travelling at 130 kph. I have relayed this into the above English forum and translated the essentials for members' appraisal.

I am surprised that you can only divulge your findings with Renault's permission considering that they are the ones being investigated for causing the danger. Why would they consent if found to be at fault? If this is the case, the public gets no satisfaction and individuals who suffered damages will continue to lick their wounds, when they should in fact be receiving redress. Despite being the designated protector of the public, this projects VOSA as a toothless watchdog, it appears.

I look forward to the final report on your joint investigations,

================================================== ============
I wish you luck and look forward to more interaction. I fear however that complacency has already started to set in as there was no response after my most recent posting on this thread, before this one. It is quite transparent to me that VOSA subscribes to the fiscal policy (not surprising, is it?) of creating bureaucracy to discourage the public from persisting with a complaint; hence the forwarded forms to fill. I stated my case to him and as far as I am concerned, he can fill his own unnecessary forms. It is a way of making Joe Public subordinate (if not subservient) to an official who is "in the employ" and on the patroll of the public coffer.

er... that's payroll not patroll. Forgive me.
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 28th June 2006 at 12:01 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome