Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Turns the parking lights and dashboard herself ...

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 17th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Turns the parking lights and dashboard herself ...

Hi. Don't know if this is the right section or not for my humble questions, but I'm asking anyway. Feel free to move this post to the right one if I'm wrong.

I have a nice, little blue 2005 Clio 1.2. I love that little car, but the last few days, she has been acted strange.

My neighbour came up last night ringing the bell to tell me that my lights are on. I thought like, what? Running down, checking, parking lights on, car almost impossible to open keywise. I tried to push the Wonder Button to open Olga (as her name is ), but it refused. No light switch turned on or anything. The dashboard lights up my face asking for our next adventure.

Then I hit the breaks, and everything was ok again.

The same thing happend today. Didn't lock Olga by Wonder Button, but she locked herself down anyway, and turned on the break lights and parking lights (I believe the break lights was on yesterday as well ... just a bit stressed out to take a look and think about it, because a naughty little man prowled around the cars in the neighbourhood). And the dashboard was of course shining it's light again. Hit the breaks, and everything was fine.

I don't have any clues on why she acts up like that. First I thought that the naughty little man made some hocus pocus around her, but then it happend again today.

Is this a common problem among these Clios of her time? Anyone have any clue on what it might be?
Currently in paneane's garage:
2005 Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2
  5 Lastest Threads by paneane
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2005 Clio II 1.6 Cars & motoring Haree 1 792 21st March 2010 02:28 PM
Turns the parking lights and dashboard herself ... Electronics paneane 7 2655 17th September 2009 04:40 PM
Hi! New here. Welcome to RenaultForums dave_mezza2006 1 600 17th September 2009 11:50 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome