Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #178 of (permalink) Old 20th June 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Well just phoned Mr Jenkins myself, unfo, no news so far, but case far from closed. I explained that I have sent a letter (i.e. prev post) to CEO/Chairman of the Renault Nissan and got a response blatantly denying any issue with the bonnet catch! VOSA weren't able to comment on this. Mr Jenkins started to mention about the stats...i.e. small number of cases v's the 350k worth of cars in the UK, and 1m or so in Europe. Ummm....say this to a manufacture of a parachute and I don't think that they would share the same thoughts!!! .01% is too much for my liking, in fact I hate stats so will say if I hear that one person is mamed, injured or killed by this, I will be VERY VERY angry that Renault chose to take the line that they are chosing to take! Who knows someone may have been already, as per your prev comments Vass!!!

I am getting very frustrated, and explained to VOSA that I kinda already expecting to receive the same std response from VOSA saying that there were no issues with the bonnet catches...

Ironically, today, I have received an e-mail from another motorist who also has experienced the same issue.

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome