Join Date: Jan 2007
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,304 Posts
I have this Service light, recently come on, together with the Toxic filter symbol on my 2005 registered Megane 1.6 petrol automatic, 16valve.
I had starting problems, as well as stalling at junctions when engine had not warmed up. I followod a tip and added redex to fuel, to clean up fuel injectors. The problems disappeared.
However now I have this wretched Toxic thing and Service light to contend with! Did the additive do this? I have read many posts here, and have decided to put in all 4 new
sensor is another suspect.
My worry is that whilst all this is going on, something else is getting wrecked, like the cat!
Could be the
, they are a common fault on the 16v engines these day's Im afraid. I dont think the
sensor being at fault would bring on the toxic fumes warning light.
The redex wouldnt cause this problem, Im sure. If you can, get the 4 new
and change the spark plugs at the same time. That should see you right.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo