Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II ABS & BRAKE stop..ECU?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II ABS & BRAKE stop..ECU?

Hi all,
Sorry if this is similar to other posts, i have tried to find an answer but cant!
The ABS and Brake System warning lights came on yesterday, and the car very nicely told me to stop driving......well.....only to drive to Renault so i could give them lots of cash!
I had a friend come round who has a scanner, he plugged it in and all the sensors on the wheels were working fine. The only thing it did come up with was " ECU ". When he tried to enter the code to access the problem, it just wouldn't. This baffled him as its the first time its if Renault have blocked any other scanner use but their own!

My question is: Does anyone know what the problem might be? Would it be a ABS ECU replacement and (it sounds it) is it expensive!!? Is it the sort of thing i could do myself with a fancy manual from Halfords!?

Many thanks for any help with this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey_moo For This Useful Post:
Bryan Gibson (6th July 2012)
  5 Lastest Threads by Monkey_moo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1,000% price mark up on parts! General Chat 16 2680 24th September 2009 09:04 PM
Is it legal to block the fault codes? General Chat SamWoerth 7 1672 22nd September 2009 06:32 PM
Laguna II ABS & BRAKE stop..ECU? Electronics Monkey_moo 7 4230 21st September 2009 07:19 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome