Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clutch or Not???

View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clutch nightmare - What were Renault thinking when they did this

HI guys, I have teh same problem with my 98 RT DT. Some models do not have a clutch reservoir ( some do and its under the little panel behind the steering wheel accessible only by removing the right lower panel of the dash, followed by the airbag cover and then the steering wheel panels covers and then the little panel) Mine does not have this and the problem started with the clutch pedal getting lower and lower and gear changes becoming imposssible. I managed to get all of the pedal assembly apart and even managed to dissassemble the master cylinder, but there appears to be now way to top it up and blled it.
Renault have designed a system that is possibly the worst in the world, and so if anything goes wrong, you have to replace everything. its hard but true.
If you need any other help please contact me as i am becoming something of an expert at this problem having changed my own dual mass clutch and taken teh cylinder head off due to a cam belt snapping.

Currently in Ravenrigger's garage:
1998 Renault Espace 2.2 DTi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome