Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 1.8 1994 Immobiliser,worth a read

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio 1.8 1994 Immobiliser,worth a read

So my car:

1994 Clio 1.8 RSI
vehicle code is C579

Got this car cheap as a non starter and knew straight away what a few of the problems could have been. I have a mate with a scrap clio so spares were not a problem.
Common problem is that there is fuel, rotation but no spark. Now I have replaced the coil pack there is 12v to one of the 3 pin plugs,earth is good in the middle one. I do have 5v at the 2 pin plug. fuel pump primes and i get fuel.
I have replaced to date:

Entire key system from a working car and matched ECU
TDC sensor
roof I/R sensor
key barrel in glove box
virtually all engine sensors and relays,checked all fuses.
The key does work both red light and blue light checked with a camera, it also operates the C/L
I have the emergency unlocking code but this apparently is a dealer only thing on these years so i have read. Did try the unlocking code procedure but it did not work.

So having replaced all the above it still will not start and I have the immobiliser check light on the dash. This car has the early version immobiliser so none of the 'ring' stuff in the ignition barrel (I have also replaced this).

I did quiz the previous owner and it all worked before he replaced the clutch. I jumped under the car thinking it had been the earth strap but I could see nothing loose or missing, I even cleaned these up for a good contact.

So anyone out there that can help me please. Is there anything else I have missed from the immobiliser circuit, having got the entire working system from a doner car I thought that would be it,how wrong could I be!! I really need a vehicle wiring diagram for the ECU /Ignition/Fuel circuit if nayone has one they can send me. This may well be wiring but need a diagram.
  5 Lastest Threads by pdtaylor18
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2001 IDE Fuel Trim Malfunction Engines pdtaylor18 4 2572 5th April 2013 10:18 AM
Clio 1.8 1994 Immobiliser,worth a read Electronics pdtaylor18 12 2373 24th September 2009 09:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome