Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1999 bonnet stuck.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 1999 bonnet stuck.

I know this is not a new problem, but i've been unable to find a solution. I have a 1999 Renault Megane, it's been sitting around for some time and i've finally got around to sorting it out. I need to open the bonnet to replace the battery, check oil e.t.c. and it's stuck.

This is not a new problem (for any renault owners from what I can tell lol), I have tried pushing down on the bonnet whilst operating the lever, I have tried pulling the cable from under the bonnet (via the bottom grill), have tried doing this whilst pushing down on the bonnet but neither have worked.

I have tried using a screwdriver but I can't honestly see where i'm supposed to be putting it, or in which direction. When I look in the small gap between the bumper and the bonnet there is a small lip before the latch which is making things more difficult.

The car is a non runner at the moment, i have no way to lift the car up to get under it so am really after a detailed explanation of the screwdriver option. I have got to get the bonnet open before I can do anything else with the car. I don't think the screwdriver i'm using is long enough so am about to go and buy a longer one.

Any advice, or maybe pictures or anything would be great. I've had a good look around on the internet and haven't been able to find anything in enough detail for a dumb blonde like me ;o)

Thanks in advance.
  5 Lastest Threads by Austinhead
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1999 bonnet stuck. Bodywork Austinhead 1 970 26th September 2009 03:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome