Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Refused MOT because back door wont open. Is this true?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th September 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Refused MOT because back door wont open. Is this true?

I had my car booked in at Kwik Fit on wednesday for MOT. It had to be moved to friday cause their exhaust fume monitor failed.
I have one door stuck at the back and I was told that although it is not a part of the MOT, he could refuse to test as he couldn't open the door to check the wheel arches for corrosion.
I smell BS.
When I arrived for my belated MOT at 4pm friday he had 17 cars still waiting for its MOT. He seemed a little stressed out. Has he fobbed me off to get rid of me off the list???

I dont want to spend the money fixing the door I dont even use just to be able to put it through its mot - as I cannot afford both!!!

I basically want to know if I'm being done over again, they see me coming a mile off I swear!
Currently in Cassie_jsl's garage:
Clio 1999 1.2 Petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by Cassie_jsl
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Refused MOT because back door wont open. Is this... Bodywork christopherM 17 4277 27th September 2009 12:30 AM
Clio Exhaust come apart! What to do!? Exhausts Cassie_jsl 5 2154 15th September 2009 09:56 PM
Clio '99 - wont start after a journey Engines stef123 6 1493 9th February 2008 02:20 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome