Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Xenon retrofit (03 Laguna)

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 30th September 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I am in the process of doing this myself. I also bought the self levelling sensors from a breakers. The wiring loom was already fitted to my car, apart from a short length(about 18 inches) in the back left wheel arch. I bought this wire with the back sensor. The sensors just plug in and bolt onto whats there.
The system then has to be initilised by Renault, but any good Auto Technician/Diagnostic Technician can do it with the right software. I have already checked and the sensors do work with what is there - so only need to fit the lamps and away I go.
I am not fitting the washer system - it does give problems, and I dont want to drill my bumper. Washer Assys are available from Renault as a kit.
My only problem I am having is getting two replacement covers/caps for the back of the Headlight Assy.'s. I am missing the two covers which provide access to the Xenon Bulbs. Trying to get parts from Renault without a chassis number is a nightmare. Could you possible send me the part number for these covers - it should be written on the caps/covers themselves? I think it starts with 7701....... . This help would be great.
If I hit any snags with the installation along the way, I will post snags, and fixes here...
Currently in stuey's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome