Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Hi

Thread: Hi
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2005
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by Gos1
When washer bottle was checked and topped up, water appeared to run out through wheel arch, is this a feature a overflow, could not fill the bottle enough to get water to overflow from filler cap, where prevoiusly owned cars overflowed from when full!
This sounds similar to the problem that I've had fixed on my Laguna twice so far, and have seen on another. In my case, the car would drip washer fluid from the corner of the bumper when parked them with right hand side of the car slightly elevated (i.e. right hand wheels up on a kerb.) The culprit was a loose joint in the pipework for the headlamp washers, though don't ask me exactly where, because the dealer has always fixed it for me.

I suspect the first time was triggered by having the clutch replaced, and the second definitely happened after having the power steering rack and pump replaced. My suspicion is that the pipes have to be disconnected (or are otherwise disturbed) when they drop the subframe, and they end up not being refitted properly.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome