Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Alpine Headunit in Mk2 clio

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Looks and sounds good.

Hi Mate,

I have a Mk2 1.4 98 plate and my dash looked like yours when I started too.

1. Best steering slak adapter - Your best bet is Halfords just to be safe so if t does not work for some reason you always have something to fall back on. The thing is with adapters it could cost you between 30 - 40 as you need 2 cables. ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR HEAD UNIT YOUR ARE BUYING HAS THE ABILITY FOR STALK ADAPTERS.

2. I wouldn't have thought loking at the Alpine Headunit that you are going to have to run a external microphone it should be built in the front like mine. Don't worry about this they still work fine. And with the windows up even better. BUT if you do need to I would personally run it behind your steering column to your right hand side when you are driving maybe stick it next to the mirror stalk.

3. If it comes with a Ipod interface thats cool but personally I like Jack to Jacks and your have a audio port on the front if you get the attached alpine one soooo you could get a 3.5mm Jack to Jack to play any other media device through your car.

Cheers - Hope this helps!!!!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome