Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane speedo questions - km/h to mph

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane speedo questions - km/h to mph

Hi all! This is my first post here so please be gentle!

I've just brought my Renault Megane II 1.6VVT Dynamique auto hatch from South Africa and am having problems getting the speedo sorted.

The car is right-hand drive and looks identical to UK models except that the speedo is marked in km/h. The cruise control, odometer etc. is also in km/h.

I need to convert the speedo to mph and have approached my local dealer. They want over 500 to do this

Apparently the speedo unit costs nearly 400 but they are willing to fit a replacement unit if I can source one for less than 100.

The problem is that they supplied a part number (8200793127) but all the ones I can find are part number 8200364031.

What is the difference? Can I use a 8200364031? Do I need my dealer to install it or can I (I'm pretty good with a screwdriver!)?

I've been told that the ABS, fuel gauge and a number of other critical systems depend on the instrument unit so have been advised not to 'mess with it'! Is that a valid warning, or scare mongering?

In short, any suggestions about the best way to get it sorted, please?

p.s. posted in electronics as this seems to be an electronic/computer question. Hope I got the right area!

Last edited by RGN01; 1st October 2009 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Added explanation for posting in electronics
  5 Lastest Threads by RGN01
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane speedo questions - km/h to mph Electronics RGN01 2 1168 1st October 2009 09:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome