Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic RX4 - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2009
As far as driving in bad weather goes, you'll be very happy with a RX4. I had one for 6 years and found it's driving on snow and ice to be absolutely fantastic.

The car gives you great confidence on the slippery stuff actually it might give you too much confidence, but that's down to you It got to the point where I was trying to catch it out, but the system seemed to be able to find its way out of most situations with no input from the driver

I also drove mine through floods over 2 feet deep with no issue

The only real issues I came across was the prop-shaft bearings, they are a known weak point on the car, and an ABS sensor problem, probably caused by driving through too much water

You don't say if you're looking for petrol or diesel. There are a few turbo related problems with Renault diesels; you'll find plenty of info on the forum about that

The Scenic is a very flexible/practical family car with plenty of leg room and storage front and rear. Drove mine to the south of France twice and found it very comfortable on long trips

Last edited by Pat.w; 2nd October 2009 at 05:23 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome