Independent Renault Forums banner

CD player blowing fuse

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Lagdti 
#1 ·
Hey all.
I am trying to swap over my cd player from my old car to my new R plate scenic. I can get it to work so it come on when I turn the car on. But of course, when I turn it off, all my stations presets etc get erased.
I did manage to get it connected to the battery, but It blew the cars 15amp fuse in the fuse box. Any help/advise guys please so i can keep it all hooked up safely :)

#2 ·
Aftermarket head units normally need a constant 12V feed and a switched feed that is live with the ignition. I am guessing that you have the switched feed sorted as your head unit goes on and off with the ignition, so all you need to do now is find the constant feed.

Strange thing is that if you have a factory fit head unit that doesn't have both feeds, it is normally the switched feed that is missing.

Does your new head unit have ISO connectors? What was the model of the head unit that you took out of the Scenic? With this info, it should be possible to find the info you need on t'interweb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.