Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

Yup.. my nice shiney almost new (2002) laggy2 clipped a kerb at 60 ish (see pics) on tuesday night.

I hit a kerb at a juction by the queensway overpass on the A500 on tuesday night, i went up on the kerb on end of the V, (and by the number of gouges in the kerbs there,(i had a walk down the the end with an attending police officer) it's a popular place to run off the road, at the end of the long straight after the Retail park)
the car bounced up a bit (like on 2 wheels) then ran along the grass a bit and back onto the dual carageway, zig zagging for 200+ yards till i stopped it in the nearside lane. (there were gouges all up the carrageway either from me or others who had done similar.)

The nearside wheels are fubar, along with allmost all of the suspension system down that side, front wheel, entire shock, hub/bearing, lower arm, steering/antiroll linkages, lower arm, driveshaft, rear shock, bearing, axle bushes.

the entire dashboard lit up flashing red and screamed warnings about loss of ABS brakes, tyre pressures etc.. on impact.
i have no idea if belt tensioners went off, if the airbags had gone off, i would have probably rolled the car and ripped the central reservation barriers up.(very big bill to replace them)

the gap between the body and the boot along the top is off line, all other panels/doors are perfectly aligned as before the accident, everything opens and closes ok. just the top of the boot is off.
the car is fitted with renault mud flaps which would have been ripped off if they had clipped the kerb(they are not held on by very much, mickey mouse clips is all)

do you think they will scrap it as ive seen other laggy2's on fleabay with similar damage listed as Cat-C write off's up north.

other than the kerb issue it was running quite well at 120 miles at 5.76 on 10L of LPG.

im really not having a good month...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
  5 Lastest Threads by mord
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
cross compatability between engine models? Engines wyn burgess 1 168 12th January 2016 11:33 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome