Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic I- Heating and Cooling - Where is the heater fan relay?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 21st June 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
fitting new resistor pack in renault scenic

Hi, I did fix the problem myself in the end. The resistor pack in on the passenger side (on right hand drive car) under the top part of the dash behind the passenger air bag. To remove the top part of the dash there are screws on both side of the car where the doors open. You have to reove some clip off covers to get to them. There are also screws under the speaker covers which you need prose off. Remove the ashtray and the screws behind there. The top of the dash will simply unclip by gently lifting it upwards. I removed a 3" diameter black pipe which runs from the fan unit to the central dash air outlets.

The resistor pack is visible after removing the pipe. The pack is held in by two screws. Before paying nearly 100 for the pack from renault I was able to test it was faulty by putting the fan on and shorting the two wires which go into the resistor pack. (Do this by sticking a pin though the insulation on each wire then connect the pins together briefly to test). This is equivalent to running the fan on full power, watch for loose fingers and tools near the fan.
If the fan spins then the problem is definately the resistor pack. Replacement is simply two screws and a push fit connector. When you put the dash back make sure the leading edge, closest to the windscreen in properly seated before before clicking the rest into place.

This is all from memory a couple of months ago so apologies if I have forgotten anything.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome