Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Opps.... I clipped a kerb in my new(ish) Laggy2

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Yeah im FC i did have 10 years NCB as well...
I'll go round and see the bodyshop the car went into tomorrow.
At the time i was on my way to north wales for a contract and then had 2 more days work in macc's then another week there the following week.

It didnt help i ws then taken by some (possibly)illegal imigrant egyptian taxi driver back to a macc's hotel.(b#sta'd used a satnav and did a rat run across all the windy back roads at well over legal speeds, which after a nasty shock of the accident didnt do me any f##### good at all, i didnt get much sleep that night or for the rest of the week)

I got a temp hire car, but the paperwork said it was write off loan hire car, which did sorta freak me out the next morning.

I'm well aware of what a heavy knock can do to the geometry, just a question of can camber bolts and shims correct the niggly drift a few mil here and there off true can cause on the chassis. (been through that all with the laggy1 and pot holes)
the boots misaligned by about 3mm on both sides just along the top.
the subchassis took the impact from the damaged wheel, so would only show up with test gear strapped across the bottom of the car.

they should be able to see what happend if they plug a clip into the onboard computer, it will have logged the accident pretty much, it only did a few hundred meters distance after the impact, and has only been started a couple of times since.
the suspension system wasnt branded renault parts, it was all after market, QH or whatever, almost the whole lot, as it was less than half the stealership prices. the only branded parts i would normally buy are the clips and bolts...

now back on the dole, so no car is not really an option when work can be at a few hours notice upto 300 miles away...
all of the money i earned will be eaten up by insurance exess, hotel bills and hire car charges for the 10 days away.
what the hells the point of working if you only earn 30 for 10 days work away from home (oh and lose your only means of transport to work as well)

was seriously thinking i should have walked under the back wheels of one of those HGVs going past my wreck the other night...
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome