Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - 140,000km Service Cost

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Freddybabe

Thanks for your kind reply. Yes, they are a Renault authorised service centre *dealer name removed*

I give a bit of background which may veer a bit OT: I have owned Renault motor cars since the early 60's, starting with a new Dauphine Gordini, through R8 Gordinis (2 of), R10 1300cc Alconi, 16TS, 1.7l TXE Hatchback (which I still have), R25 1.9l TX and now the Laguna RXE.

I have always over the years serviced my own cars, doing even engine o/hauls when needed and my home workshop is stocked with original factory and Haynes manuals for the cars I owned over the years.,

As I grew older and the cars got more electronics (like the Laguna), I have been forced to 'swallow' my aversion of many years to car service centres as I have had many bad news experiences with garages accredited to servicing Renault vehicles locally.

When Renault abandoned the local market some years ago, I stayed loyal to the brand, knowing I had enough automotive repair experience and tools to help myself whenever I needed to.

With the Laguna it is another story as it is too packed with electronics for an old school bloke like me. This was then also the reason for joining this forum to see if I can learn something.

Still OT: When the first non-start episodes began with the Laguna 3 weeks ago (after 4 years of troublefree motoring), I realised it is time to get my car a proper service at 140K km and also get the cambelt replaced, new brakes etc etc and this job was done on Monday and Tuesday this week at a cost of roughly UKP533.-

I don't feel too bad about the cost but I would like to check and see for myself if for example coolant was changed or if other services required by Renault for my Laguna was all carried out.

I don't know how things are with Renault service in the UK and only have pleasant experiences with Radbourne Racing, Wimbledon, London from where I imported many thousands of ZAR's worth of parts for my previous R25 TX.

During the time Cape Town Multifranchise had my car, I picked up a kind of bad vibe from these blokes - like patronising customers, talking to them as if they're doing you a favour and 'chip on the shoulder' attitudes - especially from one bloike at their reception.

I also discovered that this crowd which are authorised service agents, also service Kia, Proton, Daihatsu and whatever else - a really unsatisfactory situation. The only other authorised Renault service establishment close to me is Renault Tokai, where I have tried for 4 months to get an appointment for the work done this week.

Anyway, I recently did a bit of further 'digging' into Renault's recent service history and came across a consumer website

I was absolutely shocked at what I read there about how Renault South Africa and/or their service agents treat their local customers.

So, at this time - I would like to basically check for myself if I got all the service I was charged and paid for. In the absence of service data on my Laguna, I at this time don't know where to start.

Thanks for your kind attention and interest.

Currently in 11TXE's garage:
2000 Renault Laguna RXT

Last edited by Devils Laguna; 4th October 2009 at 08:28 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome