Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 03 Key card and other electrics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic 03 Key card and other electrics

Hi there, I bought a Scenic 03 1.4 16 v in April and it has been fine until now. I replaced the battery, which died on me about 2 months ago. Anyhow, when we were camping i blew up two airbeds with a pump via the lighter socket, when the car was running. Next day the battery was dead and a kind local farmer jump started me. That all seems fine now. Recently, I have found that my three button key fob will now not open the car, I can hold the card, next to it and open the door fine manually, start the car and then lock it an open it again. It is just after it has been idle for a while , say overnight that it will not open. Could this be the battery in the card?. Had the misfortune to have to replace a plip key and a sensor with my old Megane at renault, which cost me the best part of 450, so would rather not go there again.
Also the driver mirror will not always open fully with the electronic control, again a sporadic fault.
Any help appreciated.
Currently in SandyF's garage:
Megane Scenic Expression 2003 1.4 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by SandyF
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Spare side indicator supplier? Bodywork SandyF 3 1069 2nd August 2010 07:55 AM
Scenic 03 Key card and other electrics Electronics SandyF 4 1114 5th October 2009 09:34 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome