Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane II wing mirror removal & replacement

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
4 clips

Yes, these are the ones. It took me a while to release them. Use a torch and in the slots you will see that the 4 coloured tabs have a hole that engages with a little black nib to one side. To release the tab it has to be pressed away from the nib. Because of the shape of the moulding inside the slot the tab has to be distorted in a curve and it takes several small screwdrivers acting on at least two tabs together. Once you understand what's holding the tabs it's just a matter of patience ans maybe extra hands might help. But all of a sudden it came away for me. Needless to say it popped back on in less than a second.

As regards the two tabs you mentioned, they seem to hold the triangular black bit that fits to the window but are also immoveably integrated with the rest and the little motor that does the folding. You cannot get the motor separately anyway from Renault. they only do 3 bits - the casing (primed), the mirror, and the rest. If you can work out how to get the motor out to fit to a manual one( there is a third small tab on the extreme end of the stub ) you are still going to have to source a used mirror for around 60 (see my earlier mails), check the manual has the same space for the motor (likely) and take a chance on the surgery. What's your time worth.
Currently in megamike's garage:
megane 106 tourer

Last edited by megamike; 5th October 2009 at 12:16 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome