Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 1 - 140,000km Service Cost

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by 11TXE View Post
Hi again, freddybabe

Thanks for the kind advices Yes, indeed. Renault and I have come a long way - almost 45 years Sometimes I cursed, sometimes I wanted to put a match to the bastids and often I had skinned knuckles

I'll check the good book about service items. Thanks.

I'm not too sure about higher UK prices as the locals know how to charge.

From last week's Tax Invoice:

Sparkplugs @ ZAR30,75ea .......ZAR123,00
Air Filter 109,82
Sump washer 11,58
Wiper blades (3)@ ZAR 164,99ea 494,97
Plug threaded? 54,91
Plug threaded? 32,95
Oil filter 60,40
Pollen filter 219,99
Front & Rear brake pads 560,98
Kit distributi?? (Part7701476674) 878,56
V-belt 65,00

Total comes to ZAR2'612, add 14% VAT = ZAR2'977,70 which is approx UKP200.-

The complete job with parts and labour and VAT thereon came to ZAR7'713,78 which is +- 514UKP

The place were the job was done is Renault's main service centre here in Cape Town, so I guess genuine parts were fitted. The wiperblade boxes at least, have Renault part numbers.

My other Renault (the vintage '86 TXE Hatchback) was collected this morning for repairs to its starter, silencer and front and rear brakes, so I'm in for another whack.

I spent a lot of money and my own labour on this oldtimer over the years and hardly if ever, use it - maybe once a year. Just can't bring myself to sell it.

Some years ago I changed the colour from gold to blue metallic. I changed the interior from brown to charcoal and black, fitted Renault factory mags and Monroe air shocks, changed the carpet and rooflining to charcoal and finally - meticulously re-built the motor although it didn't need a rebuild. I just did it for the hell of it

The part number for the Kit Distribution (Cam-belt Kit) comes up as £142.26 + vat @15%

The Plug Threaded (twice) are, well I guess the 2 blanking plugs in the end of the cylinder head.
They have to be removed to fit Cam timing tool.

Currently in freddybabe's garage:
Hymer Motorhome and MgF.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome