Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How much a bumper?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy How much a bumper?

I was driving my wife's Scenic II when I hit a rock. Don't laugh, I was doing a three point turn at very low speed, and hit one of those rocks people put on the grass to stop drivers going off-road.

The front bumper has a few scratches and a dent where it has been pushed upwards. I must say that the old scenic would have simply bounced off, maybe with a mark on the rubber bottom skirt. Not this one, oh no! It doesn't like rock. Then I looked harder and found that the bumper actually runs right around the front grill and forms part of the front bonnet (not the opening part, obviously). So the whole thing is huge.

The insurance excess will be £100, but how much is the bumper? They are saying if it costs too much they'll repair the old one. Either way there is a paint job to do - a replacement will come in plain grey plastic. I'm not sure which repair I would prefer. Do repaired plastic bumpers last OK? Or would the replacement be a better job? Will they match the paint perfectly?

I wish it had been my old Micra.
Currently in momist's garage:
2009 Renault Mégane Scénic II Team 1.5 dCi106
  5 Lastest Threads by momist
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II Trip computer reset doesn't always work. Electronics momist 0 871 5th November 2012 09:00 PM
Door cills Scenic II Bodywork VelSatisfied 1 885 19th November 2009 10:39 PM
How much a bumper? Bodywork VelSatisfied 4 1285 5th October 2009 10:24 PM
Scenic II hub caps (not wheel trims!) Brakes/Hubs momist 3 2847 9th August 2009 10:22 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome