Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Dealership rip off

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Dealership rip off

thought I would share my story with you guys as I am completely gob smacked at what has happened with my local Renault dealership (run by *******!).

The scenic was due a service and MOT and the warranty was about to run out on it so I thought I would get it in before hand so that any issues could be rectified at Renaults cost.

I went for the MOT at a local independent garage a few days before the service. The car passed but had a few advisories. A bit of play on the offside steering and tyre wear on front. They advised that this was not so good as the car has only done 26000 miles and should not have play like this.

When the car went in for the service I informed the guys about what was said on the MOT and asked them to check it out. I got the car delivered back at the house later that day with a failed MOT!!!!!!! WTF, I never asked them to perform the MOT and they failed it even though it had passed a few days before. The advisory notice said: blown bulb, play in steering joint and front tyres close to legal limit..

At this point I am thinking "who do I believe?". Maybe the first garage passed the car when it should have failed. Maybe ******* have failed it for no good reason. Anyway, I phone them up to find out what happened. They put the car through the MOT by accident. Luckily they agreed to carry out the work under warranty as the car has such low mileage.

Anyway, I get the car back with new bulb and ball joint replaced at no cost to me. I am a little miffed at the tyres though. I only put them on about 6000 miles ago (conti sport contacts 2) and they are down to 2mm on the side with the new joint and 3mm on the other. I reckon the fault has contributed - i'm trying to get new tyres from renault but so far they are ignoring me.

Finally, and this is the mouth dropping thing - I said to them that the sliding glass roof is squeaking when opening. I guessed it just need greased so I asked them to have a look. They tell me that the runners are bent and that I need new ones. This is the second set of runners I've had on the car as at last years service they said the exact same and replaced them under warranty. Anyway, I had the car back for a few days before they could fit them so I decided to have a look for myself. I went over the runners in great detail and could not see any damage to them at all. I took a pen and marked inconspicuous areas of the runners. When I got the car back the pen was still there, under layers of grease. They told me they had replaced the runners under warranty. I'm guessing they've billed renault for the work but not actually done any!

I was thinking of calling renault and informing them but because they have not returned my calls about the tyres whats the point! I might still inform them but only if my conscious gets the better of me

Currently in Incubus1980's garage:
1.9 SAAB 9-3 Vector & 2006 Megane Scenic

Last edited by VelSatisfied; 8th October 2009 at 09:17 AM. Reason: To protect the forum, we have a strict policy regarding Naming & Shaming.
  5 Lastest Threads by Incubus1980
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II Handbrake Failing? Brakes/Hubs Nottnoc 9 1373 7th October 2014 09:40 AM
Change coolant on 2006 Scenic Heating & cooling hondo 7 3583 3rd October 2013 11:53 AM
Changing pads and found a problem with electronic... Brakes/Hubs Incubus1980 4 1434 23rd September 2013 01:23 PM
Low voltage on Drivers side window Electronics hondo 3 1122 7th April 2013 10:24 PM
What is the drag link end ball joint Steering and Suspension Incubus1980 2 8666 10th November 2010 08:38 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome