Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Watchdog Report On Failing Dashboards

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Bearing in mind that cars which are eligible for the scrappage scheme are only a very few years older - I think having to pay 100 is quite fair - it represents only a small proportion of the total retail cost.

In all fairness, there has to be a limit to the financial support given by a manufacturer once their product is outside the warranty period.

The exhaust needed replacing on my van a couple of weeks ago - it is only just approaching 4 years old & 33,500 miles - should Fiat have paid for it? I didn't think so as its wear & tear (as every part is subject to, whether it moves or not).

Another example for you, we have a 42" plasma, which needed a sound circuit replaced after it was 18 months old - guarantee was for the first 12 months, so we had to pay someone 180 to get it fixed. So again. I think Renault are being fair - they may have been slow to react, but that's the only criticism I'd view as fair.

If you had purchased your T.V. from John Lewis you would have had a 5 year warranty included.

Look, I am not here to rubbish Renault, I have worked on them since 1971.
They have and do make some cracking vehicles.

The simple truth here is than in some areas, Renault vehicles are just not durable.

Window regulators!
De-Phaser pulleys!
Axle bushes!
Ball Joints!

If Renault were in the North American market they would be bankrupt by now, The Lawyers would have a field day.
Class actions, Lemon Law!

So if Renault were "fair" then refunds would be next for well at least, some of the above.

Currently in freddybabe's garage:
Hymer Motorhome and MgF.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome