Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Heating and Cooling - Air pocket in the cooling system - coolant types

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th September 2005 Thread Starter
Dark Jupiter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Heating and Cooling - Air pocket in the cooling system - coolant types

I recently bought a 99 Laguna (See other threads) and am learning all of its little foibles.

I have a query about the cooling system, in particular low fluid levels. When I bought the car second hand I thought that the water level was at maximum however, much to my shame it was sitting just below the minimum level (This error was due to excessice glycol staining onthe bottle and stupidity). I topped it up with a 1:1 water/ glycol mix, typical for these parts. After 100km the water level was once again low at the 50% mark. I thought I had a leak on my hands. I deduced (tasted actually) that the fluid under the car was distilled water from the AC unit and not sweet water/ glycol mix from the cooling system therefore no leak but possibly an air pocket. I filled up the water/ glycol level and it has remained constant at the maximum level for the last 400km.

My query is this. If this was an air pocket in the cooling system I do not know how long it has existed for. Could any serious (long term, expensive) damage have been caused.

If you have any info I would be grateful.

5 Lastest Threads by Dark Jupiter
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna I Phase II Heated seats Interiors bonedavid 1 1566 21st October 2006 01:07 PM
Wiring Additional Headlights Electronics Horatio 1 1632 21st October 2005 07:35 PM
Central locking affected by cold weather? Electronics Shaun wall 28 7941 17th October 2005 08:18 PM
Renault Laguna I - Phase 2 - Interiors - How to... Laguna geochr 6 9707 14th October 2005 09:30 PM
Can your floor mats look like new? Interiors Garvey69 3 1954 13th October 2005 10:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome