Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Watchdog Report On Failing Dashboards

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10th October 2009
Velsatisfied, you seem to be the minority with your views.

I am not able to view it your way, as you ask, as
the examples you choose to illustrate your point are not really relevant, such as insurance policies being renewed each year. This is because they need to reflect peoples current insurable circumstances and in general, most peoples policies reduce year on year. Your point about the scrappage scheme is misguided. This scheme was introduced to boost flagging car sales, not rid the country of 10 year old cars.

If you feel the need to take out an extended warranty to feel protected, I would reconsider buying that product in the first place. A display panel is not a wear and tear item, it is either designed to work properly or it is not.

If a component is built in a sub standard fashion, then it is fair that the manufacturer should shoulder the cost of repair, not simply offer a reduced price fix because the product is out of warranty. It shouldn't fail in the first place if the quality checks have been done.

I agree that it is not only a problem for Renault, but that is all I can agree on.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome