Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 2 - Electronics - Keyless entry help

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 11th October 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
no ignition

Hi all.

My missus owns a 2002 laguna, which is now playing up.

It has the 'key card' system.

I have searched hundreds of threads around the web. Problem is the key intermittently wont activate the ignition-only the radio (acc).

Doors unlock/lock as they always have, from miles away.

First time i try, it tends to work-ie light up all ignition lights..pull card out and put it back in - nothing.

Then ill wiggle gearstick for ages, push clutch in etc (I believe there are some microswitches that need to be in place) - oh-or is that just for starting?

Anyhow, i have had the card slot out, tried to clean it up-but does not seem to come apart...

Could it be the card slot? Like the ignition microswitch kind of unsticking itself overnight? Or the key?

I have left key in and disconn battery for 5 mins, but this has not helped.

I have put new batt in remote, which seems 100% ok. None of the web pages I have scoured seem to say that the key can malfunction regarding ignition, rather than switches breaking that open the doors.

Are there any basic checks I can do? Before going bankrupt going to main dealers?

Hope this is the right thread etc, and promise me-i have done some checking :P
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome